Tuesday, April 20, 2010

True Friendship






Life is so funny sometimes. Over the last few days I have found myself seriously bothered by some gossip, which was supposedly spoken about me by someone who I once considered a friend. Well...within the last 24 hours I have been overwhelmed with just the opposite. I received a card in the mail out of the blue from one of my best friends letting me know how much I have meant to them in their life. Talk about making my day! I hope that that person knows how lucky I feel to have a friend like them, also! Then, I had a nice message from a friend who I don't see much any more. It really made me think about the old saying "you can count your true friends on one hand." It is so true! (And I am totally happy with that!)

Having been burned by people in the past who I thought were "friends," I can honestly say that I would 100% rather have a handful of true friends than a ton of fake ones. Life is made by who you spend it with and I just feel overly grateful for the amazing friends that I have in my life! I'm pretty sure that you all know who you are :)

After reflecting on the different types of "friends," I have realized that maybe instead of spending so much time dwelling on people who have hurt us in the past (as I admit to doing earlier this week), we should focus on those people that make our lives brighter every single day...our "true friends!" :)

0 comments:

 
"Comfortable" © 2008. Design: ~ Sweet Baby Girl